4× 3G-SDI Optical Extender
Gigalight 4x3G SDI Extender is a kind of SDI extender for 4K used to extend the transmission distance between SDI Source and Sink devices. The transmission distance can be up to 80km or more. It is up to what kind of optical module you insert into it. It includes two parts: one is 4 lanes Transmitter and another one is 4 lanes Receiver.
The Transmitter has four standard BNCs used to receive SDI signal from source and offers Co-axis cable equalizer to recovery SDI signal quality, at the same time, transforms SDI to SFP;
The Receiver firstly transforms SFP to SDI, and it also has four standard BNCs used to transmit recovered SDI signal to sink, at the same time, offers Co-axis cable driver to amplifySDI signal for cable.
As the picture 1 shows below, 4×3G SDI Extender is consisted of one 4×3G SDI Transmitter, its structure is showed left; the other one 4×3G SDI Receiver, its structure is showed right below.
There are two methods to apply 4×3G SDI Extender. Application 1 you can see Figure1 (a), it shows 4×3G SDI Extender uses four fibers to transmit 12G SDI for 4K, it needs four optical modules: two double transmitted SFPs and two double received SFPs. Application 2 you can see Figure1 (b), it shows 4×3G SDI Extender uses one fiber to transmit 12G SDI for 4K, it needs four optical modules: two double transmitted SFPs and two double received SFPs, but two double transmitted SFPs must be four different wavelengths, at the same time , one MUX and one DeMUX are required .
▪ Extend SDI signal up to 2km~80km over fiber optics.
▪ Data rate per lane up to 3G, total 12G for 4K.
▪ Compliant with SMPTE-424M, SMPTE-292M, SMPTE295M, SMPTE297M, SMPTE305M, SMPTE310M and DVB-ASI.
▪ Plug and play, no software to be installed
▪ Longer, thinner cable without EMI/RFI emissions
▪ Operating case temperature: 0 to 60℃
▪ All-metal housing for superior EMI performance
▪ RoHS compliant (lead free)
▪ Live Broadcast
▪ 4K Screen
▪ 4K Camera
▪ Video Meeting
▪ Security Monitoring